Buildings and Contents Insurance & Landlords Insurance

Protecting your property is a legal requirement and it’s important to ensure that you have the right cover in place.

Protecting your property and home

If you are taking out a mortgage, protecting your home is a legal requirement and it’s important to ensure that you have the appropriate level of cover in place. However, the cheapest cover isn’t always the best!

A Buildings Insurance policy should cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it’s damaged. It should cover you for events such as storms and floods, fire, vandalism, subsidence and water damage. Contents covers all the items in your home against theft, fire, and flood.

So what items are classed as Buildings and what items would fall under Contents Insurance?

As a general rule, imagine lifting up your house and shaking it upside down. Anything that would fall out is Contents, what remains is Buildings.

Different policies will offer different levels of cover, with more comprehensive policies often covering the following:

  • Accidental Damage
  • Legal Expenses
  • Lower Excesses
  • Home Emergency Cover
  • Personal Possessions outside the home

If you are a landlord, it is very important that you have specific cover for the home you are renting out. This is often referred to as Landlords cover, and will ensure that the Building is protected, as well as landlord specific contents.

It’s our professional responsibility to ensure that your home and family are protected and that you are aware of the risks involved with taking on a mortgage. We can discuss and help assess your circumstances with you to discover if Buildings and Contents Cover is relevant for you and what level of cover would be most appropriate.

READ ENOUGH? Talk to our Yorkshire based mortgage ADVISeRS today!

Get in touch for fee free mortgage advice

Book Your Free Consultation